The primary benefits of Invisalign are clear to see:
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start – so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete
With Invisalign you can smile confidently during as well as after treatment!
Invisalign is a revolutionary alternative for straightening teeth. This invisible appliance has the ability to straighten teeth without braces! Using a series of clear removable aligners, Invisalign gradually straightens teeth without the use of metal or wires. With the use of 3D computer imaging technology, we are able to depict the entire treatment plan starting with the initial position and graduating to the final desired position. Using this information, a series of custom-made, clear “aligners” are made. These aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is almost entirely invisible when worn. Each “aligner” moves your teeth incrementally and is worn for about two weeks before it is replaced by the next set in the series. This continues until your teeth have reached their final position.
It is vital that Invisalign is worn no less than 22 hours a day for the treatment to be effective. If you do not stick to this routine, your treatment will take longer than initially anticipated meaning that there is an amount of discipline required for Invisalign. They must also be removed when you are eating or drinking anything other than water in order to preserve them. Most patients are suitable for Invisalign treatment though there some cases where braces will offer better results. Due to the movement in your teeth being very minute, there is almost no pain when wearing Invisalign. You can expect some tenderness though when you switch over to your replacement aligners, but this simply means that the treatment is working. You may experience some slight speech differences when you first insert Invisalign but once your tongue gets used to the way they feel, everything should return to normal
- Invisalign is clear
- Invisalign is removable
- You can eat and drink what you want during treatment unlike braces. You are also able to brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene
- Invisalign is comfortable because there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation
- Less pain because the treatment ensures gradual and gentle teeth movement
No metal or wires means that you spend less time at orthodontist getting adjustments. You only need to see your doctor approximately every 6 – 8 weeks